musings & critique about hi-tech, academia, building startups, and a journal to building eKita
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Trip to New York & DC: arrival just on time for Day 1 of Starting Bloc (www.startingbloc.com) conference, located in a very cool venue called AlleyNYC smack dab in the middle of Manhattan.

StartingBloc was definitely a cool thing to see - with a jam packed venue of roughly 100+ people coming in from all over the country (even a few from outside) to partake in their 5 day event focusing on the creation of social enterprises. AKA Social Entrepreneurialism. Something I'm quite a fan of myself as a model for sustainable business.

In the evening, LSM hosted a session of a new 4-week accelerator program in which they hold evening sessions of leanstartup practice, teaching, and hands-on work with a very low ratio of participants to mentors.
It is an interesting take on LSM being able to cater to people who want to learn the principles and put them to work but in a more casual and less intense compact manner that their 3-day intensive weekend workshops offer.

I will update with some photos when I'm back in NY, as I was so exhausted and at the same time excited to see all that stuff going on (and people to talk to) that I didnt actually take any shots.

But I did take these from the place I stayed the night, a cool French guy named Arthur who works at the U.N. and has an absolutely beautiful view from his really nice flat.

Enjoy!

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Share
0 Comments:

Post a Comment